Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What is Multiple Myeloma?

The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, (MMRF), just posted this tweet on twitter....what is Multiple Myeloma. Here is their link that describes the disease: http://www.themmrf.org/living-with-multiple-myeloma/newly-diagnosed-patients/what-is-multiple-myeloma/

Thank you again to those who have donated, I am now up to $1851. My Aunt Linda made a generous contribution last week. Thanks Linda! I got the email from the MMRF race coordinator, Jane, that it was time to register last Thursday. So it is official....I am registered for the NYC Marathon on Nov 6th. They have the charity racers register after all of the racers that won slots are completed.

Last Sunday my long run was 8 miles. The nice things about having my 70.3 August 14th is the run build is perfect for the NYC Marathon. Most Marathon training plans are 18 weeks long, and around week 6 you are doing a 13 mile long run. That will be August 14th for me....perfect! I started my base building the end of January for my triathlon season. Come November I will will be close to a year of training. I should be ready! The worst part is training in the summer heat. So early wake up calls are the norm now until late fall...yippee.

I taught a yoga class at the local Lululemon store last Sunday. It was a blast. The yoga studio I teach at was the featured studio for the month of June. I led the students, (mostly beginners), though a modified Bikram class for one hour. My Lulu wardrobe is pretty advanced, so in exchange for teaching the class I got to add one more piece to my collection :-)

Long hot days, lots of time in the pool and naps.....ahhh summer time.

Have a great rest of your week.

ACA

No comments:

Post a Comment