Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rest week is finally here

I am ready for a rest week. I have had three tough weeks of training that ended today. Starting tomorrow I go into 7 days of 1/2 distances in all three sports with easy effort.

It is hot, like really, really hot. Yesterday at 5:00 am when I was headed to my girlfriends house for a 3.5 hr ride it was already 87 degrees. And once the sun comes up the temps skyrocket up. It was 114 outside at 3:30 before a small rain shower started and cooled it off to a balmy 112. Getting up at 4:30 am to be out the door between 5:15-5:30 has been the norm over the past three weeks of training. I will have to remember this tough summer training when I think about signing up for another race with the bulk of my hard work in high temps. This morning I ran my longest run to date....9 miles. I lost three pounds of water even after drinking a full bottle on the run.

So it's finally here....7 days of a chill training schedule. And it's here right in time for my birthday week! 36 on Thursday...oh boy! I am sleeping in until 5:30 every morning, eating and drinking what I want and giving myself a spa day. Doesn't that sound nice...yes it does.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment