Tuesday, June 21, 2011

20 weeks and $750 to go!

Thanks to my generous friends and family, I only have $750 to go to reach my Nov 6th, $2500 goal for the MMRF! My step father Barry, the LaPan's and my friend Wendy all donated this past week! My donation only yoga class got pushed back to August or Sept (not sure yet) instead of July, but that should be a great class and a sure way to put some $ in the MMRF bank! I will give more details when that is firmed up.
My mothers passed away 12 years ago on the 17th of June. She was only 52. This year alone the MMRF has opened 30 clinical trials, (there were two when my mother was alive), they have helped to advance eight new drugs into phase 3 trials, (the last stage of clinical testing), and they have founded two new companies focused on developing new treatments. That is a success story in itself. The MMRF is making progress and great strides each year to find a cure!

On a lighter note, Mike and I went to Vegas this past weekend for some fun and a spa conference I attended. Saturday night we saw "O". Wow....a yoga teacher/swimmers dream show! It was amazing. And I thought I trained hard for my sports....not so much!
But before we left town I did complete a 56 mile bike ride in AZ summer weather. It's going to be a long summer as it is already supposed to get up to 108 today. My 70.3 isn't until August 14th. I am envious of my friends doing earlier races this year.

Be well
ACA

No comments:

Post a Comment