Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gratitude

"I see myself as everything. I love myself as everyone"

I have a lot to be grateful for. I have loving parents who want the best for me. I have friends who give me joy each and every day. I am working in a professional that suits and challenges me. I live an a comfortable home that is safe and quite.

I want to reside in a place of gratitude. I need to stop and smell the roses more. I have been focusing on an achy body so much lately that it has taken too much space in my brain. I have been moody because I am not working out as much, and I have too much antsy-ness to deal with.

Paramahansa Yogananda, a revered spiritual leader from India once said, "at best, the body is a nest of troubles". I think he is trying to say, you have to rise about pain and discomfort. There has to be joy from a deeper source.

I am leaving for Santa Barbara, CA tomorrow for a wonderful work trip. I have the opportunity to work with a very talented Ayurvedic Bodyworker, (who also works for my company), and train the massage therapists at the Barcara Resort and Spa. We are training on two massage modalities that unblock energy and relive pain and tension in the body.

I am grateful.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. How perfect is this post on the cusp of Nov 1st! November is one of my most favorite months since it helps me remember what I'm thankful for. I'm grateful for blogs like this one! Enjoy Santa Barbara & hope the ocean-time helps bring you closer to finding your joy at a deeper level!

    ReplyDelete