Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flagstaff, AZ


So here I am...it's the last afternoon in my rented Flagstaff, AZ apartment. I am lamenting on the great month I had here. I am headed back to Phoenix...100+ temperatures tomorrow for the remainder the summer.

This month I realized....

1) I love road riding way more than mountain bike riding. I did 17 rides in 30 days and 1 was a mountain bike ride. Now why do I own a beautiful full suspension bike? I am seriously asking myself that question right now.

2) My friends are so much fun. I already knew that but they train and play hard, are kind, funny and genuine.


3) I am self-sufficient. I like being an independent women who takes chances and most of the time lands with both feet on the ground.


4) I am six weeks post second time stress fracture on my big toe and am cleared to start running again. I resisted the temptation to try running and it worked. My half-marathon training program with the Sun Sistas begins in August and I am ready.


5) Flagstaff is a super cool place, full of nice (yet random and mostly high) people and great outdoor offerings.


6) Fourth of July is my favorite holiday....still.


7) Rainbows are so cool















Flagstaff AZ....I'll be back next summer.

Thanks for reading,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Rainbows are so cool : ) And I don't think I ever knew the 4th was your favorite. It's a great holiday - 234 years of the best country on Earth.

    ReplyDelete